bored 12 yr olds

My daughter invited her friend over and they are bored,I have nothing they can do,they dont wanna sit around watching movies all night,I have no money thanks to my broke boss. I have no crafty things laying around the house. Moms please give me some ideas.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• A good conversation goes a long way. Try chatting about something they like .( music, clothes, boys, etc.)
    JoyandLove

Answer by JoyandLove at 10:40 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• There's fun stuff on the net kids that age love the internet.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:42 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• bake cookies let her make supper tech her to knit if it is cloudy day pick out pictures out of the clouds make jell=o toghter use old socks and button and put on a play dress up with mom clothes
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 10:44 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Break out the games. Put on some music. Nails + Nail polish = happy tweens . Do hair.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 10:52 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Water balloons? You can get 'em cheap at the dollar store. Plus, it'll get them outside and moving. I have yet to meet a 12 year old who doesn't like filling up water balloons, carrying them around, throwing 'em, splashing 'em, then filling up more!
    MonicaE521

Answer by MonicaE521 at 2:20 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Board games, baking cookies, cleaning closets to take stuff to charity, cleaning the garage for a couple of bucks to spend on movie rentals
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 10:49 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• make overs? You have make up and curlers?
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 11:14 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• When my dd went to her 1st slumber party,i bought kool colors of fingernail polish.Board games are good,video games,a game called,"murder in the dark"..one person wears a blindfold,and then gets spun around while the other kid says..mama wants you,what for,stir the tea,wheres the spoon,all over this dark room.Lights are off and the 1st caught by the blindfolded person is "it" next.That game was always a winner with my kids,lol.
    TootieFruitie

Answer by TootieFruitie at 10:05 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I would let them figure it out. It helps them when they are grown to let them come up with ways to keep themselves entertained. If you leave them to it long enough, they'll come up with something.
    psych_mom

Answer by psych_mom at 3:40 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Great ideas above!!
    Cook
    Bake
    Make over
    Collage from magazines
    Teach them to sew
    Make a small applique
    There is plenty to do. You just have to be creative. Set an example of finding creative activities and they will follow.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:04 AM on Aug. 18, 2010