My Boss Lady says

So I asked my boss today if we were gonna get paid this friday since it would be 2 week pay period,and she says she is flat broke that the jobs we've done haven't paid her. This other lady that she hired also needs that money badly! She also said she HAS to wait 30 days before getting paid! I've been told this before and I've also told her I need that money every two weeks to help with school and everything else. I do have another job I lined up I'm praying that I get it its only 9-3 and .50 cents monday through friday and occasional weekends. She is suppose to call me back about that job when she gets back in town....Would you work for a company that says they can't pay you because they have no money and just keep praying that they get paid? Ya its a job ya I'm making money, I'm just not getting paid every twoo weeks like I should I've had to wait sometimes 3 week.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• I wouldn't. When you have a family to support you need a steady income.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 10:43 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Not if I needed the money to pay bills. I would if I did not need it in a timely fashion.
    JoyandLove

Answer by JoyandLove at 10:44 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• No, I wouldn't continue to work a job where you cannot count on getting paid. You have bills to pay and a budget to meet as well. I would keep trying for a job that pays you on a regular schedule.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:45 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Is this a "Company" you work for where they issue you a paycheck... If it is, get those resumes out.... you should not have to wait to be paid if you have done the work you were hired to do.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 10:46 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I'm fairly sure this is not legal, or your problem. It's hers. She needs to do whatever she needs to get you your money.

call the board of labor. I doubt your boss's family is going hungry.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:48 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I would not continue to work for such a company.
    Bonnie

Answer by Bonnie at 10:49 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• That is the reason I quit the daycare I worked at. And any overtime was 5/hour under the table, not time and a half. And she would say, heres you check, don't cash it until such and such...it will bounce.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:49 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I did'nt know this could happen
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 1:09 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• That's illegal. Contact your state's Dept. of Labor and file a complaint.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 7:49 AM on Aug. 6, 2010