I NEED sleep!

Im 36 almost 37 weeks pregnant, and I have got more than 5 hours of sleep in the last 6 days! I can't get comfortable. I went to the hospital the other night for contractions and told the doctor about what was going on and she gave me a sleeping pill Ambien CR. Well needless to say it DIDN'T help at all! I have two three year olds and a 6 year old already and I really need my sleep! Does anyone have any ideas!! PLEASE HELP ME

Mom2beX2

Asked by Mom2beX2 at 10:50 AM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• it is very hard to sleep in the last few weeks. I got barely any sleep, also. too anxious/ excited/ scared/ and uncomfortable. Try to position pillows around your belly and between your legs. Also, putting pillows and undies in the freezer helped with my swetting (for a few minutes, anyway). If that doesnt, work, try breathing exercises. Or walk up a flight of stairs and exhaustion will set in:) Good luck!!!
    Anonymous

• I am a horrible insomiac regardless of whether or not I am pregnant, but it is so much worse when you are pregnant. I would definitely try to have your mom/sister/grandma come over for the next week or so so that any time you feel like you can sleep, you are free to lay down.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:43 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Try meditative breathing exercises to help ur brain slow down. Also try exercisin (only appropriate exercises of course ) in the mid morning to early afternoon. Exercising too close to bedtime will keep ur endorphins up and actually KEEP u from sleeping. Also no TV in the bedroom. If u need noise to sleep buy a relaxing/soothing CD. Like an instrumental or buy one u could use for the baby too when ur LO comes along. Hope this helps a little. I'm 34eks and having trouble sleeping too. Good luck.
    mommyof5boys543

Answer by mommyof5boys543 at 12:55 PM on Oct. 5, 2008