How do you keep the spark in your marriage?

dhhaj

Asked by dhhaj at 11:00 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• first off, schedules are SOOOOO important. Get your kids on one, get your cleaning on one, plan meals, etc. Then start with little things, take a shower together, cook a meal together, play a board game together. Then DATE NIGHT! You NEED to have one on one ADULT time with your man! Time where you do something together, & no talking about the kids!
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 11:02 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• date nights, occasional slaps on the butt, hugs/kisses throughout the day...
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:04 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• He leaves me I Love You cards a lot. We have nights out with or without the kids. Lately we've been taking a lot of two and three day trips as a family. The kids love it and we can reconnect as a family. I always feel so close to him when I watch him with our children. We send emails. He's left post-it notes in my coffee cups and I've left them in his shoes. Just writing "I love you" on a leftover pizza box when you put it back in the fridge will make him smile when he goes for breakfast. :) The small gestures that take only a couple of seconds of your time go a long way with keeping you connected.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:19 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Act like you did when you were dating...
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 2:15 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I guess because we're best friends. We like to laugh and play together. We're open with our feelings and wants and needs. We put each other first. We took the vow "forsake all others" as a rule.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:28 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• We go out to the graveyard and swing a dead cat by a string in the light of the full moon.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 12:42 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Well, sea time helps a lot...

Mostly, I've noticed that when I see him as a whole person, who has traits that I admire and things he does that I appreciate, the spark is right where it always was.

When I'm pissed off at my life and only see the things that annoy or dismay me, strangely, I'm not so in love. Of course, I'm also not so lovable in those times...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:28 PM on Aug. 6, 2010