should i wait to have another baby?

so today i had a doc appointment to get meraina checked i told the doc the strings felt longer this month and YEP it was almost completely out! the plastic was sticking out of my crevices!! .. i was going to get another one put in but it could happen again.. so they gave me birth control in pill form ... i only had it in for 11 months it's suppose to last for 5! any way so now im thinking i should just have another but is it to soon ? my daughter is turning one this month if i got prego now they would almost be 2 years apart what do you think? oh im also a stay at home mom and still breast feeding "D and even so i might be prego from this stupid miss hap but it is unlikely. so what do ya think

Zandrialeann

Asked by Zandrialeann at 11:00 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think if you are ready for another child go for it. My kids are less than 13 months apart.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 11:02 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• hardly a question for any of us to decide - probably best left to you and your husband. personally i would have just gotten another mirena if that were my intention in the first place
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:02 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Well, my oldest two are only 13 months apart and my middle and youngest are 23 months apart. I think 2 years is good but it's up to you and your hubby.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 11:04 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• i was 6 weeks pregnant by the time my daughter turned 12 months old. my kids are 6 and 4/half , i am so glad i had them so close :)
    danni214

Answer by danni214 at 11:27 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• only you know the answer to that...if it's the right time you'll know...what does your SO think? Our boys will be 4 years apart and I kind of regret not having one sooner, but it was out of our control! Good luck!
    mishmashmom

Answer by mishmashmom at 11:37 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I think this is a question for your husband.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:40 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• well its more of a "is it (it meaning life & even attention ect.) going to be realy hard with them so close in age" question
    Zandrialeann

Comment by Zandrialeann (original poster) at 11:51 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I have a friend who just had another baby. Her son is 1 1/2. At the time its what she wanted but now she regrets having them so close in age...its alot of work. But if you're ready for it and can handle it, then go for it! I personally would not want another child until my son is actually at least 2...maybe even 3. But he is very demanding of my attention and I would feel guilty or sad that I couldn't devote my 100% on him anymore.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:12 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I say discuss with her husband or SO. I always said if I had a 2nd child I would wait. I would feel too guilty not devoting 100% to him in the first couple of years. They really are sooo important. But...I am a mom to just one. So what do I know. I actually have the mirena in b/c it gives me 5 years till I have to tie my tubes.. Grad school and all...really do not want to go through right now. Good luck!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 1:30 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I have two that are 21 months apart I got pregnant right after my DS1's first birthday, I'd say that if you don't have good help from your So or another loved one that waiting until your first is around two would be a better idea. It's gotten a lot easier but the first two months were a hellish nightmare of no sleep, screaming baby, toddler temper tantrums, and bleeding/cracked nipples. Just something that I know would have killed me if I didnt have such an amazing hubby. Plus the first one is still young even if they are closer to two they still need tons of attention and until you get into the groove of things your older one won't be getting the attention they deserve if you are the only one caring for both kids.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 1:58 AM on Aug. 6, 2010