Overweight and concerned men won't find me attractive.

I'm a pretty girl, but overweight by 60-75 pounds., and concerned that I won't find that special someone again because of it. It's soooo hard for me to lose weight and yes I have tried.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• If you feel comfortable in your body, it's not a question of men finding you attractive, but you finding that special someone that YOU want to be with. Screw the others! You go girl!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:14 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Don;t worry about it. For every Jack there is a Jill. There are guys that only like larger girls. There are men that will love you for your personality and won't worry about your weight.
    Be yourself and be confident the way you are and the men will flock to you! Confidence it a HUGE turn on!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:15 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• All of my hubby's friends say that the size of the girl isn't as important as how comfortable she is with herself...so whatever size you are own it girl :)
    shortleo

Answer by shortleo at 11:16 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• im sure you'll find someone. theres plenty of fat people who find people who want to be with them.
    but i dont really buy your excuse that "its hard for me to loose weight and yes i have tried".
    its hard for me too. you think i want to eat on a diet everyday and go sweat my ass of at the gym?
    not really. but i do it so that im healthy for myself and my family, and so that i look and feel good about myself, and feel good inside and out. if you really want to loose weight, you will & having motivation like that & looking like you care about yourself, will make you much more attractive to the oppisite sex.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:26 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I'm overweight too, and have been for the most part of my life. Happiness comes from within. Although most men look for women with a perfect body, I believe that men should love you for who you are, not just what you look like. There is hope, it happened to me.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 11:58 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• There is someone for everyone. Somebody will like it. But I think you should get to a place where you are comfortable with it yourself
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 12:12 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• there are plenty of men out there who like their women big and sexy. of course you will hear rude comments as well, but you just stay strong and confident and you will attract the right man who wants you for you and finds the extra curves to be a bonus.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:24 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Like other's said there are PLENTY of men out there that prefer women that are larger. I am only about 15 pounds overweight and I know if I were at my BMI "healthy" weight range my husband would NOT appreciate it... Honestly I wouldn't either.

If you are happy then be happy, if you want to lose weight just keep working at it, set a goal and work hard. But don't do it because of wanting men to want you.
    catwalksymphony

Answer by catwalksymphony at 12:33 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• My SO wont date skinny girls. When i first started dating him, i was worried that he wouldn't find me attractive. But he Said that he always like a healthy sized woman. Most men like something to hold on too.
    EttaMay

Answer by EttaMay at 8:40 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• in the 4 years my SO and i have been together i've gained 40lbs or so...after a while i got very insecure about it. i recently lost about 30lbs because of illness (and am still about 20lbs overweight) and my SO would LOVE for me to have it back. he (and most of his friends) say that he loves to have something to hold on to and doesnt like it when he grabs a girl and feels bones poking out. my point is, there really are tons of guys that dont like skinny women. i'm not suggesting that obesity is a good idea, but a lil extra cushion is a good thing lol. besides, i think that BMI bs is ridiculous. apparently my max weight should be around 125lbs...i'm 145lbs and wouldnt want to be any skinnier.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 10:02 AM on Aug. 6, 2010