How do you feel about IUD's?

How do you feel about IUD's? Is there much of a difference between them and birth control or is there a difference? Like do you feel like there's a chance that you could potentially harm an embryo? Does the pill stop things before eggs are fertilized? Am trying to decide about an IUD and if I did get one it would have to be hormone free.

babygoose78

Asked by babygoose78 at 11:23 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• From what I understand, it doesn't prevent conception, just implantation. That's why I wouldn't get one. I have my tubes tied now, so it's not an issue any more.
    MonicaE521

Answer by MonicaE521 at 11:28 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• it only prevents implantation. no the sperm and egg can meet, just not attach itself. i don't like the idea of it. and the risk of miscarriages and tubals are more than i would like.
    themrsss

Answer by themrsss at 11:31 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• edit*the sperm and egg can meet....didnt mean to put a no in there
    themrsss

Answer by themrsss at 11:32 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I had one, it fell out i have a tilted cervix my dr had a feeling that would happen! I like it while i had it tho
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 11:33 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My sis has an IUD and she says she loves it. I haven't researched it much, but plan to talk to my OB about it once this baby is born. Once I get her opinion I'll decide between that and going back on the pill...
    mishmashmom

Answer by mishmashmom at 11:35 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• i think they are evil
    sissy35

Answer by sissy35 at 11:39 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• When I was looking into birth control methods my first choice was the iud but when the doctor explained and told mme that i might not be able to have kids again if i get it i quickly decided to take the pills.I don't think it's a problem, i guess my doctor only said that bcuz i'm young and he said usually when young girls my age get the iud they come back a few months later and want to take it out. Overall I think it's a good idea for a older and more mature person Iknow a few people who have gotten it and they love it.
    blakemom

Answer by blakemom at 12:04 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• scared lol
    Mom2Rylin

Answer by Mom2Rylin at 4:21 AM on Aug. 6, 2010