Life insurance that actually pay

I was just wondering if anyone knows of a good Life Insurance, one that actually paid what they day if something happens. But only if it has happened to you as a personal experience or some one very close to you

SHY_GIRL89

Asked by SHY_GIRL89 at 11:30 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• Are you asking for a company that pays out the DAY a person dies???? I am confused by the wording of your question.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 11:40 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• strange question you know
    sissy35

Answer by sissy35 at 11:41 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Yes I'm asking about company names. Cause I know a lot of them say they are gonna pay out, but once the person dies they make up a whole bunch of excuses of why they won't pay. Like i know if it's an accident it can't be certain things of how it happened. I don't know if i'm making any sense
    SHY_GIRL89

Comment by SHY_GIRL89 (original poster) at 11:47 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I have been paying for years and if something happens they better not come with no bullshit. Thanks for the info I will have to look deep into mines.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:53 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• AHH. Well I can tell you my MIL died of cancer. She was insured through METLIFE, and they gave no issue with getting things done in a timely manner. They made everything go smoothly.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 11:56 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• i'm sorry about MIL but i"m glad to hear there are good life insurances out there. I will have to look into them
    SHY_GIRL89

Comment by SHY_GIRL89 (original poster) at 12:06 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• ME TOO DO YOU HAVE METLIFE NUMBER
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 1:04 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• There are many good companies, Liberty Mutual and Hartford and SunAmerica. You have to completely read the contract for any company to understand what they pay. You may need to add an Accidental death and dismemberment for accidents. If you are young they are very affordable.
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 5:13 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• There are certain things that will make them not pay. I will break it down some for you, to help you understand. There's different types of policies, and all of them have a suicide clause. If you commit suicide in the first 2 years of the policy, it will not pay out... period. There are term life policies, whole life and Accidental Death. Term policies and whole life can be either immediate level benefit, graded, or modified. Immediate level means that there is no *wait time* for full death benefit, if the person passes away the day after the policy issues, it will pay the full benefit amount. Graded means that the first 1-3 years of the policy, that the full benefit will not pay out, only a percentage of it, and then either year 2 or 3 it would be 100% of the death benefit. Modified means that in the first 1-3 years of the policy, that it would return all premiums paid into the policy plus interest. Unless the person... CONT
    mama2three717

Answer by mama2three717 at 11:05 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• that you are trying to insure, is in not so great health, there is never any reason to have a graded or modifies death benefit.... EVER! If you are in good health and someone tries to sell you one, find a different agent. Accidental death benefit is a policy that would ONLY cover a death that is cause by an accident. If this is all you have and you pass from a heart attack, or anything else that would be "natural cause" then it would not pay out. this is a cheap option to have "some sort" of coverage. it's an option for additional coverage to a policy or last option policy. If you have any questions at all feel free to contact me. I can help you find an INDEPENDENT agent in your state (GA?) Independent is what you want to go with, because we are able to shop all the major carriers FOR YOU, and find what will work best for you vs calling a company and they can only offer you one product at one price! =) hope this helps!
    mama2three717

Answer by mama2three717 at 11:11 PM on Aug. 6, 2010