Toddler Hair Loss Due to Change of Country

My daughter and I are currently visiting in Mexico, it has been 2 months and we are staying here for 6 months, and ever since we got here she has been loosing a lot of hair. She even has a bald spot on the side of her head. and you can see her scalp when i put it up in a pony tail. I went to the doctor and they did say that it was cause of the water here, but that was it. So was wondering if anybody knows of anything i could do, thanks

SHY_GIRL89

Asked by SHY_GIRL89 at 11:36 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'd say switch her to imported bottled water, like Evian or something.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:37 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Hmm...that is strange..yeah I would buy water to bathe atleast for now she could be stressing in her own little way bc of the change in living. Hope her hair grows all back ;)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:48 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Oh no it's not the water she drinks, it's the water that comes out of the shower head. SOrry I forgot to mention that
    SHY_GIRL89

Comment by SHY_GIRL89 (original poster) at 11:49 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Thanks, I hope it doesn't ALL fall off
    SHY_GIRL89

Comment by SHY_GIRL89 (original poster) at 11:50 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Oh!

hm... maybe look into the special shampoo they make for camping that doesn't actually use water.

here's a couple do it yourself recipes that you could try http://www.ehow.com/how_4830833_waterless-shampoo.html

DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 2:47 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Thanks i will try it if not I'm gonna have to take her to a specialist or something
    SHY_GIRL89

Comment by SHY_GIRL89 (original poster) at 4:53 PM on Aug. 6, 2010