is depression ormal after a miscarrage?

I just had a miscarage yesterday and now I feel like crap! :(( I fel like everything I do is wrong and then I yelled at my husband and called him worthless and a ahit bag and the I broke down crying and feeling like shit for doing that and now I feel like shit because I feel that everything I do is wrong and I ruin everything and m lazy and I cand to anything right please help?

jmcwilly

Asked by jmcwilly at 11:41 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• i'd say it's probably normal, but talk to your husband about it. let him know how you are feeling and let him know you need his support.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:44 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Feeling like this is normal, and feeling remorse for yelling at your husband just shows what a good woman you are because you still care after such a trauma. Nothing you did was wrong and you are an amazing and strong woman for being able to get on here and share your feelings.
    shortleo

Answer by shortleo at 11:44 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I would say that it's normal. Talk to your obgyn about it and get help.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 11:48 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I have had a miscarriage in the past, and yes it is normal to be depressed after one. But, don't be so hard on yourself. I hear one of the main reasons it happens (although not always), that there was probably something wrong with the fetus. If you still want another child, wait a while before trying to have another.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 11:50 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• It's very normal. I'd say give it a few weeks and if you don't feel better, go to a grief counselor and set up one initial appointment. If you feel like continuing is something you'd like to do, stick with that route. Your SO also needs to know how you're feeling as trust me it's not going to affect you in the same way as it does him.

GL!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 11:52 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• It's definitely normal! How could you not have some sort of depression? The real question is what to do about it? Please go talk to someone, your OBGYN, a therapist, someone who is qualified to help you get through this. Whatever you are feeling is normal, but sometimes you need to get further help and there is nothing wrong with going to get assistance with recovering from this loss. And I am very sorry for your loss. My best wishes to you and your family.
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 11:53 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• It is perfectly normal for you to go through the same depression from hormones that full term ladies go through. Yours will be heightened because of the intense sadness you are feeling because of your loss. You can talk to your gyno to see if they can prescribe you something to help you through the rough spot. Don't be so hard on yourself for all of this. It is also normal for you to feel as if no one in the world understands what you are going through and we often lash out at those who are closest to us. Apologize to your hubby for blowing up at him and let him know how you are feeling. Then call your Dr. to get something to take the edge off. I'm so sorry for your loss. You will make it through this to the other side.
    firemouse23

Answer by firemouse23 at 11:55 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• i would imagine so... i would also think your hormones are a bit confused at the moment. (hugs)
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:21 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• It is totally normal for you to be depressed. I have had three miscarriages and have had different degrees of depression with all three. Your body is responding to the change in hormone levels and you're mentally dealing with the loss. Don't be so hard on yourself and explain to your hubby that you this is something that happens. If you are not feeling better with in 3-4 weeks I would contact your ob/gyn and talk to her about the depression. Best of luck.
    KristeenieB

Answer by KristeenieB at 12:24 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• OMG yes. It took me weeks. Probably closer to a month.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:26 AM on Aug. 6, 2010