How can I get my son (he will be 2 in November) to stop hitting, biting, and pinching his older brothers and sister?

He gets angry and does this. I do know he is at that age, but I don't remember my other kids being this bad at it.

Amandacintron

Asked by Amandacintron at 11:06 AM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Spitting.. maybe a time out? As far as biting, etc.. do it back to him. Not enough to hurt him, but enough to show him how it feels and why he shouldn't do it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I agree with previous poster. I do this back to my sons, and they don't do it anymore. That is what my parents did to me.
    Anonymous

• I also agree. When my boys started biting I did it back to them. They didn't like it. If that didn't work I gave them a little smack across the mouth. They stopped.
    mom3cutieboyz

Answer by mom3cutieboyz at 1:24 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• i also agree..when jeremy started bitting we always bit him back...it may sound a lilttle extream but it works...it was a stage he went through for about 2 weeks...
    amrb

Answer by amrb at 6:46 PM on Oct. 5, 2008