Can someone give me ideas on potty training my son?

My son will be 2 in November. He will go to the potty sometimes. I have tried the underwear (even with his favorite character) and he doesn't seem to care about it. He doesn't even care if he gets his underwear wet. HELP please

Amandacintron

Asked by Amandacintron at 11:08 AM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I was successful with stickers. Every time my son would go to the potty, he would get a sticker. We would place the sticker on a chart that showed him that he was a "big boy."
    tpomeroy

Answer by tpomeroy at 11:15 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Positive reinforcement is good. But at this point he is just learning the urge. I would give him a little more time before trying too hard to train him. For myself , I just waited until my son was ready, until he wanted to train. He was 33 months by that time, but he was trained in 2 days.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 12:24 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• This might sound mean, but If my son peed his pants, I would make him sit on the pottie until he peed again (in the pottie). Then i would clap my hands, say,"yay", jump up and down, tell him, "you're such a big boy". That got him motivated to keep going. Then, I couldn't keep him off of it. GOOD LUCK!!!!
    strozilove

Answer by strozilove at 12:37 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• It is extremely rare for a boy to be potty trained that early! I think it's absolutely amazing that he will go to the potty own his own and actually pee! one trick for boys is to let them stand up to pee and toss a few cheerios in the potty for them to aim at. You just have to make a game of it.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 5:19 PM on Oct. 5, 2008