Do babies who have spina bifida not move as much inside?

I do not mean this in a mean way at all. I am pregnant and just worried I guess.

My baby just began to move I am 13 weeks and I love feeling the bump bumps...

But it got me to thinking....do babies who have spina bifida not kick? Just wondering if lots of kicking is a good sign?

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 11:48 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i think you are just worrying a little bit your baby is still small and you might not be able to feel it yet or it could just be its personality and it just likes to relax :)
    sissy35

Answer by sissy35 at 11:57 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My 2nd son was stillborn due to spina bifida, along with several other fatal birth defects. He moved a lot. Neurological issues actually caused him to move excessively due to uncontrolled reflex action.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:28 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I say it honestly depends on where the lesion is.. example: one with an L2(lower back) lesion will have a less muscle weakness and paralysis than someone with a T8 (shoulder level)lesion.

Since you are only 13wks I wouldn't worry too much... a lil thing you can do is drink a soda, sugary juice, eat some candy, and see if the baby acts up.
    This pregnancy the baby is very chill barely moves and I am 22weeks today but as soon as I eat a Popsicle he's doing back-flips!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 12:42 AM on Aug. 6, 2010