2 things

my 6 mnth old likes to sometimes sleep in his bouncy chiar all night is that ok if its just sometimes? he also likes to sleep on hs tummy is that ok?

lowesjessica

Asked by lowesjessica at 11:57 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if he can roll over i would say it's fine for him to sleep on his tummy.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:59 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Both my kids have slept on their tummies from day one. No matter how many times I've turned them around they always go back to their stomach. It's best that they don't but not much you can do if they keep going back to the stomach.
    As for the bouncy chair I would try to break that and get him use to a crib/bed because sooner or later he'll be to big for the chair and then you'll really be in trouble.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:00 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• My son hated his bouncy so I don't have an answer for that but he would ALWAYS sleep on his tummy even when he was younger than 6 months...but I would always worry until he would roll over really well but as soon as he started rolling i didn't worry..
    shortleo

Answer by shortleo at 12:01 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• as long as he has good head/neck control he should be fine, can he roll over yet? I would not recommend sleeping in the bouncy chair all night, can't u move him to his crib after he's fast asleep? babies move alot in their sleep...well mine always have anyways, and you wouldn't want him to tip it or fall out and hurt himself, kwim?
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 12:01 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• i do let him fall asleep in the chair then try to move him but he wakes up screaming
    lowesjessica

Comment by lowesjessica (original poster) at 12:11 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I can't see the bouncy as being good for his back and neck.. so I wouldn't..

as for the tummy.. if he can roll over it's okay.. but I'd lay him on his back and let him roll to whatever is more comfortable for him.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:15 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• If it were me and my child of that age was wanting to sleep in a bouncy chair I think I would put in inside like a pack and play and stack pillows around him in case he were to fall out. It might be something to do with him needing to sit up a bit to sleep. If that's why he cries, you should maybe have him evaluated for like acid reflux in case there's something going on there that you're not aware of. I don't really have any advice to get him to sleep in his bed, my children slept in there own beds from day one and were sleeping through the night at two weeks old. They are 11 and 3 now. My 3 year old still takes a two hour nap a day from 1pm to 3pm. Maybe try infant massage or something to see if that helps him out to where he'll sleep in his bed. If the baby can lift his head and turn it, it's ok for him to sleep on his tummy.
    babygoose78

Answer by babygoose78 at 12:31 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• If he rolls over on his own, then he's ok. As far as the bouncy chair, if it's for naps and you're right there in the room with him, then I would say he's fine. If it's at night and you're asleep, too, then that doesn't seem all that safe.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:36 AM on Aug. 6, 2010