Did you think your child's name was uncommon....

...when you were choosing, then come to find out everyone and their brother is named the same name?

When I was pregnant, we decided on Brayden. I had never even heard of that name before. And I swear, the day we made the decision that we were going with Brayden, every mother out in public was calling their sons named Brayden. It was all over! Everywhere I turned, I heard, "Brayden!"

Did this happen to anyone else?

Born2BAMommy5

Asked by Born2BAMommy5 at 12:08 AM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Baby Names

• We named our oldest Jack, we had only ever met two people named Jack before... one is my husband's 75 year old grandpa. Anyway we named him Jack and then the movie Titanic came out later that year and now there are Jacks EVERY where!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:10 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I know my daughter's name is more of a common name but I have only met or heard of a handful of Lydia
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 12:10 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• ye
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 12:10 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I thought my daughters was but I hear it a lot now and I havent heard my sons name often
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:11 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Well, my son's name is Cooper. I think it's #96 on the 100 most popular names right now. Before naming him that, I had never known of anyone with the name. Now, I've met one other Cooper, at a family reunion. He's a distant cousin, actually. I don't really think it'll get too popular bc I don't think a lot of people love the name, lol. I do though! :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:11 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• My sons name is Dean Strider, pretty uncommon nowadays but I think Dean was more popular back then, but I have had my heart set on the name Charlotte Paige when I have a girl and I just found out Charlotte is like the number 1 name for girls now :( So I get where your coming from lol
    fangedangel32

Answer by fangedangel32 at 12:11 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• "We named our oldest Jack, we had only ever met two people named Jack before... one is my husband's 75 year old grandpa. Anyway we named him Jack and then the movie Titanic came out later that year and now there are Jacks EVERY where"

My son was ALMOST a Jack. It's my husband's favorite name for a boy, and I love it too. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:13 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I love the name jack! was my cats name - my most special friend ever - lived to be 14 - i would not mind naming a child jack am 1/2 thinking of it if this child is a boy.

however my first child is a boy named Kai. we haven't run into another boy or man by that name so high five!
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 12:16 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• yes, and it drove me crazy!
    Shawnie8187

Answer by Shawnie8187 at 12:17 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• My ds's name is Jackson, not uncommon. But we paired it with George, my daddy/dh-favorite uncle..the middle name isn't too popular currently.
    I usually call him Jack George. LOL!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:17 AM on Aug. 6, 2010