How is your social life?

A posting was deleted about how it is harder to make friends once we get older. Someone to just have lunch with or have playdates with. I would like to offer advice, I'd been having an issue with this myself and found a great solution.

MeetUp.com is my savior. There are 2 local mommas groups and I attend the ones that pertain to me, so at least one per week. It is free to join, but if there is not one in your area you will have to pay to start a group, and trust me people add. each group I'm in has 45-100 members. You might even get a sponsor, like a local children's store to help with the cost.

I do not work for meetup.com or make any money for people registering, I just want to get the word.

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 12:58 AM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Good golly....I'm sorry. I forgot to answer the question!

Other than having a date now and then with my husband and chatting with people online here in CM or in FB, I have no social life.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:16 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Thank you so much! I will look in to that. :)
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 3:21 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• good for you, thinking of others
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:30 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• My social life consists of marching band with my youngest son, Boy Scouts with my youngest son (he will be an Eagle Scout soon), and school. I do belong to a group that meets once a month to play bunco. They are scout and band moms too.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:37 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I think it is different for everyone.
    An outgoing person would know how to go out and meet people and know how to carry on interesting conversations and do fun things. A homebody or introvert would find it a bit more difficult.
    I have also noticed that the older I have gotten, the more difficult it is for me to make new friends because I'm not as open to knew ideas as I once was. I'm not close-minded or prejudiced at all...just a bit set in my ways.
    Also, when I moved farther away from the friends I had to a new area I now have no friends because it is more difficult for me in my old age to go out and make new friends. I don't know why...it just is.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:15 AM on Aug. 6, 2010