How can i get my ex to be in his kids life

Collins15

Asked by Collins15 at 1:09 AM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• take him to court..
    13liz13

Answer by 13liz13 at 1:11 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I cant im just 16
    Collins15

Comment by Collins15 (original poster) at 1:12 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Taking him to court is not going to make him be in your kids life. That's something he will want to do for himself
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 1:13 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Who told you can't because u are 16, if that is true see if your mother will take him.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 1:14 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• well i dont want to make him, im just say that it will be easier if he was there. im going to have twins and i have a 3 year old
    Collins15

Comment by Collins15 (original poster) at 1:18 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• if you where my son girl friend he would see his child every day. talk to his mom she will make sure he is there ever day.
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:22 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• thank you but i wish Brody was like that. He was there for the first year of Collins life, but he was lazy. Now he works and he gives me money, but thats not what i want, i want him to be with me and Collins and his 2 kids on the way.
    Collins15

Comment by Collins15 (original poster) at 1:31 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• i can tell u this i am a 35 yr old single mom and my ex husband who is the father of our 14 teen yr old only sees him whenever he wants.You cant push him to be in his life nor can u make him be a father ! When he gets older as in the father things could change r not ....but im so sorry to say u cant make someone be there and i have learned that the hard way ..yes it hurts alll that is involed ! and u just have to be strong for yr baby and take charge this happends alot hun u are not alone ! He will be the one that is punished by not bein there though out his life cux he cant get none of it back. my son dosent even speack to his father yes i have tried but it is like he told me you as in me cant make me be a father and when he said that i gave up ! im mom and dad now ! and i woulndt have it any other way! There is no judge nor HIS parents that can make him be a dad! if u need to talk please feel to mess me !!! sry 4 bein blunt!
    Dixiemomchick

Answer by Dixiemomchick at 2:19 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• You can't make him be in the children's lives. I hope that he comes to a realization that his children need a father, but there are plenty of men that just shirk those responsibilities. If he is determined to not be in their lives I wouldn't force the situation. It could end up being more damaging to your kids than helpful.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:11 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• You can't force him to be a parent, or participate in the children's lives if he's not willing. Even women with the court system available to them can't have the courts compel visitation - all the court can do is give the estranged parent guidelines for visitation. I'm sorry, sounds like you're ex isn't ready to be a parent.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:32 AM on Aug. 6, 2010