Women with mixed babies..

Hello, ladies!

I was wondering... Since me and hubby's due with our first baby in november. we are wondering how long it usually takes baby to get their color.. im caucasian and my husband is cape verdean, which is close to portugese since noone has eve rheard of cape verde! lol. but we know it will vary child to child buthow many wks mnths does it usually take to get their "color"?
also i have blue eyes and he has brown. i know brown is domiant but whats the chances of baby having blue eyes>?

Armywifelovely

Asked by Armywifelovely at 1:12 AM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I am white with blue eyes and my SO is a lighter shade of black.... our son developed his color ( a beautiful caramel complexion) within a week or two.... he has brown eyes... unless your SO has a recessive blue eyed gene your baby will most likely have brown eyes... congrats!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:16 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• It really just depends, I look at old pics of me and I had no brown tint to my skin until around a year old. I'm half black half white.

My son is 3/4 black and 1/4white and he didn't get a tint until about 4 months, he is still lighter than me and he has dark blonde hair :), which is starting to darken. So it just depends

also...my moms BF has a baby who's half white half black and she has all features like her dad, who is black, but she has dirty blonde hair, blue eyes, and pale skin
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:17 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Blue eyes still may be possible if hubby has any blue eyed people in his family...I am blonde/blue and my hubby is Native American and our son is a lil blondie with blue eyes, just like me. You just never know what you're gonna get...and that's the beauty of multiracial kids, they are so unique and beautiful! Congrats :)
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 1:21 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• My niece is half black and I could tell right away. She has always had a beautiful creamy caramel color. As far as the eyes, brown does dominate but only if you have the brown gene. If you have blue (represented by lower case b) then your genes are "bb" but if you have brown (represented by upper case B) then you can either have "BB" or "Bb". If you husband has "Bb", that means he has a blue gene that could be passed on. If he passes on his blue gene, then your baby will have blue eyes. If he only has brown genes, then your baby can only have brown eyes.
    Busymama07

Answer by Busymama07 at 1:25 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• my daughter it took a month im mexican/chinesse n hes black/indian and she got a lil bit darker not much but yea it took a month or so for the hair barely now after 30months she started getting curls
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 3:03 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• well eye color is hit and miss really. I have brown eyes and the father has brown eyes....our baby has blue eyes! so be prepared to be suprised!
    Mom2Rylin

Answer by Mom2Rylin at 4:13 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Brown usually is more dominant than blue...
    Oh and the color doesn't mean anything. I am half Korean and my dh is half fillipino and a quarter black--our daughter is white as snow...
    My first daughter is half guatemalan and she came out nice and tan...
    So it depends...
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 9:50 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• the eye thing depends on your genotype. if you have blue eyes, your genotype is BLUE BLUE. if he has brown eyes he could either be BROWN BROWN or BROWN BLUE. the only way your kid could possibly have blue eyes is if he is brown blue and happens to pass on the blue instead of the brown :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 11:28 AM on Aug. 6, 2010