Has anyone found great dry erase charts for schedules and chores. And kid friendly clocks.

Looking for simple but sturdy chart for my 4.5 year old to help him get ready for school year. Most of what I see in the stores are really small and not too much help. He needs good structure and mapping his day for him would be a big help.

laurakp

Asked by laurakp at 1:19 AM on Aug. 6, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Melissa and Doug makes a great responsibility chart!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:22 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• We have a huge dry erase board hanging in my laundry room that my babysitter made. She took a regular dry erase white board (4' x 4' - I have 5 kids) and used black electrical tape to make the rows/lines for the kids and chores.

Answer by missanc at 8:29 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Most parent teacher places have great stuff for chore charts!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:35 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Did you know that most regular (not stainless steel) fridges are excellent dry-erase surfaces? Dry-erase boards are just melamine paint, exactly the same things as appliances.

You can use wet-erase markers for the lists and the lines, and dry erase for the check marks (and the dates, if you want to add more than just every single day stuff)...

If you leave the dry-erase stuff there too long, it may make shadows that are hard to remove... but that's months not weeks, and it can always be removed with methyl hydrate (denatured or rubbing alcohol --or vodka, frankly).
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:22 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• We just made our own. It was easier to customize. I also have a template in word that I can print out on a weekly basis. We don't like the smell of dry erase much.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 10:15 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Yes, Staples! :)
    sippincoffee

Answer by sippincoffee at 9:22 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• staples has great ones.
    Hartbrayka

Answer by Hartbrayka at 11:58 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I write his bathroom routine on the mirror with dry erase marker. I post his morning and evening routines in his room on the back of his door. Basically, I put a separate sequencing list for each task where that task is accomplished. It doesn't change daily. So, I don't need dry erase.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 2:42 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Micheals has them in quite a few sizes we use for aour five and one for are three on meds
    butterflysmom

Answer by butterflysmom at 5:56 AM on Aug. 15, 2010