Have you ever met anyone off of Cafemom?

I'm just wondering if I am the only mom on here that has met other people from the internet, and more specifically is meeting up with people from the site??

Next week actually a friend from 10 hours away is driving down here and I'll be hanging at her place for a week or two. I'm super excited, anyone else do this kind of thing?

catwalksymphony

Asked by catwalksymphony at 1:25 AM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes! There was a really sweet lady who had formed a mother's group for our local area to first meet at a public place - an indoor playground at the mall - and then ventured out to meet at other places to get the kids and moms doing fun things.
    Problem was, they were all very young moms (20's) and I'm a grandmother in my 40's, so I didn't fit in. They were all so thin, had lots of money to buy high fashion clothing and things, and I didn't know about the current "hip" things that they were into.
    So I just dropped out and let it be. I never even heard from any of them wondering how I was or if I was going to be at the playground again. I guess they were happy that an old fuddy-duddy like me wasn't there anymore.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:11 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Just the local folk!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:46 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I haven't met anyone in person yet...but I have had the chance to talk on the phone with another fellow mom:)
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 2:04 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I've thought about introducing myself but I'm sort of old fashioned and shy when it comes to cyberspace.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 2:36 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• no all my cm friends r a zillion miles away lol
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:28 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I have become an email pen-pal with a couple.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:35 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I've met one lady in person, but she was local. She bought my daughter's car seat and stroller from me when she was pregnant with her first little girl.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:44 PM on Aug. 6, 2010