Is having basic health care important to you?

logansmomma2007

Asked by logansmomma2007 at 12:00 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Health

• Yes...but I can't afford it : /
    Right now I'm on pregnancy Medicaid. Thank GOD nothing else is terribly wrong with me. I need to go to the dentist, but I don't have a job (because I'm too far along and I can't get hired anywhere new). But yeah. It's important.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:02 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• OFCOURSE IT IS. IT'S SAD HOW MANY WORKING CLASS AMERICANS CAN'T AFFORD HEALTH INSURANCE, OR HAVE BUT CAN'T AFFORD THE CO-PAYS/DEDUCTIBLES TO GO TO THE DR.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 12:10 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Very much so, I have been diabetic the majority of my life and had I taken better care of myself through the last 20 years, my health wouldn't be declining as it is now. It's a serious disease that many don't take serious enough. The complications are long-lasting, painful and fatal. It's silly to be foolish and not do what the Dr. tries to tell you to do. It's not worth being in your late 40's and losing bladder function, having neurpathy and losing kidney function when it could have all been prevented with medication, diet and exercise.
    Anonymous

• Well, yes and no... I have a discount plan and love it! I had insurance but cancled it because I just didn't think it was worth it... I have an HSA that I put $60/month in and spend just $40 on my discount plan... On the rare occation that I actually need to use the plan we get about 50% on average and pay the remainder out of the HSA... So I never have an out of pocket cost. I am VERY against Universal Healthcare!!! Although I think the insurance companies and doctors should be more affordable I don't think they should be free or even close... To many people would be using them inpropperly... And clogging up the system for those of us that might really be sick but can't get an apointment.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:05 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Honestly, not really.

I think the entire medical industry should eat sh*t and die.

kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 4:21 PM on Dec. 16, 2008