How do you feel about rap?

I love it, always have!! But, it is not my favorite genre. I can appreciate all types of music (the universal language)! There are many rap artists which I like but I must say that "Eminem" is a brilliant lyricist. I always listen to lyrics first and his (he personaly writes all of his) are so incredibley poignant. Of the many singers and performers of which I am a fan, he surpasses them all with his words. An absolute brilliant lyricist!!!

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 1:53 AM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Entertainment

• I think he has a sick mind, his old stuff is REALLY SICK! I love hip hop but not rap!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 1:55 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• he's cool but there's some better and some worst that's just how i feel rap music is good with me theres good and bad music no matter what type of music it is
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 1:57 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Okay but what you must remember is that rap artists (much like most others) write about what they see and experience in their daily lives (past and present). It may sound sick and possibly twisted to some people but if you listen to the actual lyrics (all of them) you can form a mental picture of what that experience or that life must have been like for that person. After all, that is what connects a person to a certain song. Those lyrics remind you of something, good or bad.
    truthteller0722

Comment by truthteller0722 (original poster) at 2:02 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I love the beat..but I hate the lyrics
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 2:03 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• @ TRUTH ........... I AGREE WITH YOU , LIKE I SAID THERES GOOD AND BAD IN EVERYTHING AND ALL TYPES OF MUSIC IS INCLUDED IN THAT
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 2:11 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Um he says in one of his songs "shut the fuck up bitch im gonna kill you" "put u in the trunk and drive you to the lake and dump your body" that is very crule and discusting!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 2:19 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• He is sick, always saying he is gonna kill kim, and haveing his daughter present at the song is even sicker IMO
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 2:20 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• @DeeMarie87.........but if those were his true feelings at the time that he was experiencing that, yes even if his daughter was present at the time........I give him props for being willing to express them. I can honestly say that I have felt homicidal towards towards my SO a few times during very intense arguments we have had since our son was born. Does not mean I would actually murder or harm him in any way but I won't deny that I have felt that way in the past.
    truthteller0722

Comment by truthteller0722 (original poster) at 2:27 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• especially when it has been an argument over my sons welfare/safety, because that is THE most important thing in this lifetime to me and I am not ashamed to say that I would kill anyone who put my sons life in danger!!
    truthteller0722

Comment by truthteller0722 (original poster) at 2:30 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Sick, Really talkin about it is just sick! He has a F'd up mind, Im positive that i had more of a fd up life then him, i dont going around saying that im gonna kill my mom and stuff her in the trunk and drop her off at the lake! He has serious mental issues!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 2:32 AM on Aug. 6, 2010