do u have...

pets?
whats a big no no to have around ur kids
I LOVE DOGS but our apt wont let us have one so we opted to fish lol
my daughter so wants 1 =/

Leilene07

Asked by Leilene07 at 1:53 AM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Pets

• Before I bought anything I would ask if it was okay to have the pet. I work with a girl who lost her apt b/c she got a lizard. He was 2 inches long and maybe weighed 4 oz. lol.

Fish are good but if you get a gold fish you don' want more than one per 10 gallons.
    And believe it or not rats are great pets! I have had 2 in the past and I taught them tricks and everything. They are to smart for their own good though. My last one knew how to open up his cage and, well got into trouble...
    gerbils smell- really bad.
    Hamsters are cute but get a boy b/c 9 times out of ten they are pregnant.
    but if she is stuck on a dog get her one of those fake dogs that bark and "walk" on a leash. they are super cute and it's always fun to pretend. And just remember what ever you get her you will ens up tending to it. lol!

colorsofgrey

Answer by colorsofgrey at 2:09 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• make sure with fish, that you have a tank she can't get in, apparently...when i was little i managed to climb up a 3 foot shelf and get in the tank. no drowning or anything, just be careful. we have a cat, have had her for about 3 years, got her when she was just a tiny kitten and my dd, who is 5, can pick her up and carry her around. our kitty also loves my ds, who is 4 months.
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 2:10 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I got a dog from a shelter. He is an excellent Cockerspaniel, but he only has one eye. They were going to put him to sleep. So, I am so happy that I found him. Anyway, I love fish, they are great for kids to watch. We also had Guinea Pigs for the kids when they were growing up. If you get them when they are babies, they get used to being handled by kids. They are apt to pinch with their front teeth, so my kids always bundled ours up in baby blankets. The Guinea Pig loved it!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:29 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• We just sold ALL of our fish tanks! I am so happy to have them gone- We had 20-49-55-125 gallons.. It was hard to manage. We have 2 girls 4 and 10 months old. 1 Siamese cat and 1 chocolate lab puppy (9 months) who is absolutely adorable and all but VERY hyper! But labs are just awesome animals!!

We had 2 guinea pigs but my daughter is allergic so that didn't last long =(.. The upkeep on them is crazy also.. I used to have a quaker parrot when I was a little girl and he was honestly the best bird I ever had. They are very small and extremely intelligent!

About the whole kid climbing into fish tanks our eldest daughter did that to our smallest one. We had it on a coffee table and she climbed right into it and was jumping up and down! Thankfully none of the fishes were harmed lol
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 8:48 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• ooh ladies r awesome
    we have a 55 gallon tank with 12 diff color fish but i rather have a puppy might have to wait shes young n im afraid she might choke him lol...yea she knows better not to jump in there she helps out in feeding them and stuff shes awesome lol
    Leilene07

Comment by Leilene07 (original poster) at 2:13 AM on Aug. 6, 2010