Should I just take the extra classes?

I am A FT student. I am working on my second year toward a BA in English/Teaching English. I have a full load but would really like to take some journalism classes at the local community college. In doing so I would get some experience, and would be writing for the colleges newspaper, which is pretty exciting. I was considering this for next semester.

my Spring Schedule will be as follows
Media, Speech, English/Writing, and Anthropology/Anthro Lab
which equals 13units
if I add the journalism class I will be at 16units total.

I also work part time and have a son who will be one by them.

Can you give me some pros and cons about either waiting until I have more time or just getting it done now? HUGE DILEMMA for me right now

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 2:04 AM on Aug. 6, 2010 in

• You know yourself and what you're capable of better than anyone else. Do an honest assessment. If you feel that you can handle it, then sink the time, effort, and money into it. It can be done - I completed my bachelor's degree in 2 and a half years, averaging 22 credits a term.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 12:26 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• u will be affected when it comes to mid terms and finals
    especially with school assignments n get together with group mates it will be hard for u... take it slow girl =)
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 3:13 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I have found that there are a lot of other classes I'd like to take and I did at one point, but it got to be a bit much. As tempting as it is, I would advise not to overload yourself.
    momsbreak5654

Answer by momsbreak5654 at 4:17 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• good morningGood luck with whatever you end up doing!

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 6:06 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• As tempting as it is, I would advise not to overload yourself. If you feel you can handle the load i say do it.. But in the end it is what you feel you can handle. Plus you work and have a son too it can be very demanding of your time... IMO considering it for next semester. Good luck to you ..

MTM

Answer by MTM at 10:02 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Remember, as your son gets older, he'll need more time with you and will require a bit more of your concentration. I applaud your effort to get your diploma and to advance your classes, but with classes, the college paper, work and your son...I think you might get overwhelmed. That's that many more exams to take, and finals to study for.

Good luck in whatever you choose though! I hope all of your dreams come true! :)
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 12:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2010