He loves to throw my stuff away while his piles up

My husband and I are both recovering packrats but I will say this: he is faster to chuck my junk than his own. Problem is, he throws away stuff I am using, usually for art projects. Once he junked a document for a freelance writing project so I never received the hundreds of dollars we were entitled to. I've asked him to stop and he says he will but I always find things missing. Once I threatened to chuck some random thing of his and he got mad. Then I told him I wouldn't really because it's not mine but see how it feels. He is getting better but i want to know: Ladies...what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• My hubby and I both have lots of stuff too, and part of our strategy is to keep our junky areas separate so there is no confusion. I have my craft room, and the desk/computer area is mine for household bills and paperwork. He knows if he touched anything in either of those areas, I'd have his head on a platter. He has the garage, and a few piles around the house. I never throw his stuff away, so it's not really an issue where his stuff lives :)
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 2:12 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• PS - maybe instead of telling him not to throw your stuff out - tell him to just ASK you first. And if he still does it, honestly I'd chuck a few things of his and maybe he'd get the picture if he was mad enough.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 2:13 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• My SO has thrown away some things of mine, that were clearly in use so one day while he was writing I came up snatched the pen out of his hand and he was all
    HEY I WAS USING THAT, well lets just say he got a mini lecture and I think the fear of the lecture snapped him straight, more than the fear of having something taken again
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:14 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I agree with getrealmama
    A11

Answer by A11 at 4:29 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Do the same to him.Throw something away of his when he is using it too.so when he gets mad, tell him he does it to you all the time.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 4:42 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• You both decide what you want packed away then go rent a storage locker.Also concider having a garage sale.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 2:13 PM on Aug. 6, 2010