What is the real reason for the answers part of cafemom?

These same questions being asked here and categorized here are also asked in the groups and were always asked in the groups. So really I am curious(I promise) what is the real reason for Answers?

crazymom21

Asked by crazymom21 at 2:16 AM on Aug. 6, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I supposive it might be because, unlike groups, you don't have to join to be able to answer. It's a forum that's open to all CM members.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:31 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I don't know, but I find myself answering the same questions over and over........ this section is getting boring.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:28 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• It is a great way for ppl to find others who agree and support them on their opinions...and a great way to lament those who do not agree:)
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 3:03 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• advertising revenue
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:18 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• So people have a place to simply ask questions. Groups are more for chatting, venting, and also asking questions
    Mom2Rylin

Answer by Mom2Rylin at 4:04 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I think the answers section is for quick answers and the groups you can post longer posts that you want to explain more. You can ask questions here and get shorter responses. I think we just have some things we are curious about but don't want to take up space in the groups I would guess. I think the groups can be more of bitch bash sessions and here most of the time you do not get that you get more common nice answers
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:20 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• For people to get a quick answer to what ails them?? What is the purpose of Yahoo Answers or any other forum? I believe it's a way for people seeking quick answers to something that is bothering them, or just plain has them wondering.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:21 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I like the Answers section because of the quicker feed back. I don't want to look at some archived answers, I want something up to date, specified for my question.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:23 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I agree. It is getting boring. There are so many questions I don't even want to answer. Dumb,Dumb & Dumber!
    zoolady12

Answer by zoolady12 at 3:07 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I think that is the best way to put it heathercurlz.
    crazymom21

Comment by crazymom21 (original poster) at 3:08 AM on Aug. 6, 2010