any ideas or things that worked for you???

anyone have any advice to bring labor on naturally, im getting laid off at work on the 27th and due the 28th i want to have her even just a few days earlier so i can take my leave. my first baby was 5 days late...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• sex, sex, nipple stimulation, more sex, walking
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• there is nothing that really works .. i tried fish oil DO NOT DO IT! i could not get far it was awful. awful awful awful. nipple stimulation supposed to work or sex.. my son will still down for the count until i was induced 5 days after my due date. i wish you luck but really being realistic i dont think anything really works if the baby is not truly ready to be born :(
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 2:34 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• my dd was 5 days early and she just... came, is the best way to put it. with my ds, we tried sex, they say sperm helps thin the cervix. idk, but i was induced with him the next day, he was born march 25 and was due april 4. but i am glad for that last sex before he was born because after, you have to wait 6 weeks, i tore and ended up waiting 8-9 weeks...really sucked.
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 2:40 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• you can go on Maternity before you go into labor, and then go to FMLA once your baby is born. That should give you at least 2months of paid time off
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:40 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• well u can crawl around the house, and it helps because it moves ur hips and ur bones to stretch a lil bit more.. or swim do some laps.. it helped me alot and sex of course ! =)
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 2:45 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• sex and hot showers. leave hot water on ur tummy for long period of time right after having sex with u on top. worked for me, and lots of walking too. none of the edible old wives tales work, i tried them all.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 5:13 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• "i tried fish oil"

I think she means castor oil, which I agree is a bad idea. Fish oil is fine to take during pregnancy,

I agree with DomoniqueWS, you should be able to go on leave early. Are they actually laying you off or just sending you on leave on the 27th?

As for getting labor to start naturally, nothing really works. The things that have been mentioned can help your body along but they won't start labor if your body isn't ready.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 11:22 AM on Aug. 6, 2010