If you misspell or misstate something in a response to a question and you realize it after posting it, do you rectify it?

I always try to because I know how much it irks me, and I live by the "golden rule".

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 2:45 AM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Sometimes I do. It depends on how big the mistake I made was. Before they deducted points I always did, but now it has to be pretty bad for me to worry about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Sometimes.It depends on the question I answered. I may lose 5 points, but I can get them back.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:49 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• well ive got long nails so its hard lol
    and sometimes i forget since im so used to texting lol
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 2:49 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I don't delete..
    If I rectify.. It's by typing out another "answer" with my ooopsies/apologies and the corrected error.. I don't always do this. But sometimes I do, especially if the error changes the meaning/conotation or feel of what I have written.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:50 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• if it's really bad then i will, if it's just a simple type-o then no. i can leave that up to the spell check nazis! lol.
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 2:50 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• OMG I don't give a flying f... about points, I don't pay attention to that high school crap. I'm sooooo tired of hearing about it! I wish we had the option to remove comments, like you can on FB on this site!
    truthteller0722

Comment by truthteller0722 (original poster) at 2:53 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• no kidding on the points thing...i mean, what is the point anyway?
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 2:56 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I'm pretty sure I've had to do this a time or two...but I try to read through my response before I hit "answer question" or whatever. And then sometimes I'm just too tired:)
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 2:58 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Maybe some people arent as perfect as you all! Some people try hard! I am NOT the best speller but i do try hard, if i dont know how to spell a word sometimes ill look it up first! On top of it i have adhd and it makes it more hard!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 2:59 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Do you lose points if you delete.. ?

I don't delete because I'm too lazy to... LOL

I don't find mistakes until usually quite a bit of time after I've posted my answer. So, I just put a new answer that's corrected, and it usually as some addendums to it as well..
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:09 AM on Aug. 6, 2010