Would anyone else like to have the option to remove stupid or offensive comments?

I was just thinking how nice it would be to have that option here, like you do on FB. Wow, I think I will send CM a message right now about this very subject, who's with me?

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 2:57 AM on Aug. 6, 2010 in About CafeMom

• bump 4 u!!! some mothers r mad n take it against us mommies and ugh its soo frustrating
    some moms can b really rude
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 2:59 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I am... but I had no idea you could do that on facebook.. you can take down anyone's comment? or only comments to you?
    psychobilly_mom

Answer by psychobilly_mom at 3:00 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• No I don't think that would be any good. Sorry. One of this countries basic principles is the right to free speech. If you don't like a comment then vote it down.
    I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~ Voltaire
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:01 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Nope not me.

I find the majority to be quite humorous and entertaining to tell the truth. I can only be offended , angered, bothered, or upset about something if I choose to be.. Me personally. I prefer choosing to be amused. Makes life so much brighter in some ways.. LOL

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:07 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• some r amusing but some r very offensive and they get out of hand
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 3:09 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Yay for pixie! Lol you rock :) I like that philosophy! Besides I am sure at some level this will be an option but getting to that level now there is the challenge :)
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 3:11 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• @psychobilly mom......only comments on your personal posts.
    @Anon.......kind of funny that you post anon. and say what you said. I for one, don't pay any attention to the voting thing (I am a grown up). And this is not an election of any sort. Take into consideration the medium and the goal of the site and than answer again (non-anon.).
    truthteller0722

Comment by truthteller0722 (original poster) at 3:12 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• ***Nope not me.

I find the majority to be quite humorous and entertaining to tell the truth. I can only be offended , angered, bothered, or upset about something if I choose to be.. Me personally. I prefer choosing to be amused. Makes life so much brighter in some ways.. LOL***

Amen sister!!! I concur :o)
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:13 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Why is it funny I posted anon?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:15 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• i would like to get rid of offensive comments - like the ones that have no objective other then to tear a person down. we indeed are adults ... some mothers dont really act like it though.

dumb comments tho no. i may not agree or like a comment but i dont like the idea of deleting it for that reason alone. if it isnt something like kill yourself or why dont you go kill yourself then i do not care..
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 3:17 AM on Aug. 6, 2010