Treating a yeast infection with garlic? adult content

Hello.
On ehow it says that I can treat a yeast infection by sticking a clove of garlic in my vagina... has anyone tried this? do you have any other advice? Will this be safe while pregnant?

psychobilly_mom

Asked by psychobilly_mom at 2:58 AM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Health

• Yulk :-) I just got done with a yeast infection - I really didn't want to use the junk from the pharmacy - trying to be more aware what goes into my body - I douche twice a day with a product called Nature's Cleanse - it is natural and contains Melaleuca alternifolia oil - it is the only antiseptic capable of eliminating each of the major types of vaginal yeast infections while exhibiting virtually no toxicity to vaginal tissue. My yeast infection cleared up within 2 days!
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 3:12 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• No i would not do this. even if you clean the garlic off really well before using it i would just Not.
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 3:22 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• That's crazy what is the garlic supposed to do melt.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 4:12 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• You can treat a yeast infection with garlic, But I would take it orally. Garlic is a natural enemy of yeast. I have heard of sticking a clove in your ear for ear infections. But again I would just take garlic pills.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 11:37 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I wouldn't try it. Talk to your doctor.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 11:42 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I've heard of a shallow bath with baking soda but never garlic. Try acidophelus(sp) daily it'll help prevent yeast infections
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 12:17 PM on Aug. 6, 2010