My aunt lost both breasts to breastcancer.

I didn't know were eles to post this, but I am looking for advice. My aunt just recently was told she is in remission!!! We are very releived. However, she did loose both breasts and all their savings, andnow have such a huge debt load that they don't know what to do next. While she is in remission, she is still not out of the woods yet. She recently came down with an infection and her reconstruction surgury was posponed till she is strong enough. My mom recntly visited her and the debt is causing her so much stress that she keeps saying she wishes the cancer would have just taken her.
I want to help. I want to figure out how to set up something were family and friends can donate to help with the medical costs to help lift some of the burden. But I don't know were to start. I need some creative ideas or advices ladies.

Also want to say PLEASE get your yearly exams and check monthly!! Please!!

daughteroftruth

Asked by daughteroftruth at 3:16 AM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Have a fundraiser/benefit for her. Also, she won't officially be in remission until she is 5 years cancer free. My grandma lost one breast to cancer, it took a lot to recover. You could also help her out by just being there for her. Pariticpate in the Relay for Life, an annual cancer walk with the American Cancer Society. You mentioned doing monthly exams, if there is a family history of breast cancer, women should be getting a baseline mammogram by the time they are 30!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:54 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• im sorry abt ur aunt .. hope things continue to go good for her
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:23 AM on Aug. 6, 2010