What am I doing wrong?

Me and my fiance have been trying to have a baby for the past nine months & still nothing. I used to smoke and drink coffee alot but slowed down and now I quit both, because I was told that it would improve my chances of getting pregnant. I am 21 years old, what am I doing wrong? I exercise eat healthy and we have sex every other day. I also take vitamins, this all so very frustrating and it hurts thinking that maybe there's something wrong with me. How long does it take on average for a woman to get pregnant?

perryann

Asked by perryann at 3:39 AM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Well I think something you might want to do is make an OBGYN appointment to see if there may be some sort of issue. Also just little tricks for men is that they need to be healthy as well, do not wear tight pants, heat kills sperm which is why the scrotum is on the outside of the body, do not smoke as well.

And a key step for you is to RELAX, don't stress, stress will not help you get pregnant. Some people just stop trying to prevent, so in a way they are ready for a baby but not putting the here and now pressure that trying to conceive does. I encourage you to make a doctor appointment
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:44 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• people who want to get pregnant so often cant. its when they give up when they make it happen... i wish you luck. i would make a dr. appointment to put worries to rest and then after that i would just kind chill out... it will happen when you expect it least
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 3:53 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• (((HUGS))) Hang in there and try your best to relax. Tension, worrying, stress, etc. makes it harder when TTC. I heard that taking Selenium is beneficial (check it out ) Also, have SO take a Mens' Multivitamin as well.
    oliveoyl214

Answer by oliveoyl214 at 4:04 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I knew a couple who tried for years, and didn't get pregnant.they gave up and got a dog.then she became pregnant.You are young.You have a lot of years ahead of you.You may not be the problem anyway.Has your guy had his sperm count tested?I wouldn't worry so much about it.It will happen when God is ready to make it happen.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 4:38 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• See personally i think u'r still not so mature enough to have a baby.You can have one a bit later on.(Don't want to sound mean or ...Imean u can concentrate on ur career & r/ship.)But even if u want u can 've an appointment with ur gynae.
    A11

Answer by A11 at 4:48 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Usually they say wait a year or year and a half before seeking help. But they also say the more stressed you are to try too have a baby the less likely it'll happen. Don't give up!
    SwtSnowflake2

Answer by SwtSnowflake2 at 8:49 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Use a lube called pre-seed. You can order it online, it's supposed to help the sperm carry better...
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 9:52 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Oh, and usually when you try to get pregnant, you don't and when you stop trying you do...
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 9:53 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• It took us awhile to get pregnant because we were so focus on it. Try not to focus and enjoy yourself. Stress does play a factor too. Talk to your OB and see what they say and take it from there. Your fiance might need to get checked out too, good luck.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 11:36 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• PLACE A PILLOW UNDER YOUR BUTT RAISE YOUR LEGS ABOVE YOUR HEAD FOR 10 MIN AFTER HAVING SEX HELPS THE SPERM TRAVEL STRANGE BUT IT WORKS !
    akamom400

Answer by akamom400 at 11:39 AM on Aug. 6, 2010