how do you know when your child has outgrown a diaper?

My husband and I always have this debate, he says that the diaper should be below the belly botton and I say it should be above with the diaper in the middle of his tummy, obviously not touching his chest but on his tummy. He's our 4th child and we always have this debate! I hate when he buys diapers cause he always buys them too small and it leaves the crease around his thigh! Another way I can tell he's ready for a bigger size! How do you know when your child is wearing the wrong size?! and who's right my husband or me?

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 3:58 AM on Aug. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• I use the weight chart on the package as well. Once there's less room to close the diaper I move to another size. You're right about it being over his belly buttom.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 11:31 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• they no longer fit
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 3:59 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Well, I use the weight guide on the diaper package, but if she starts pooping out before then, I go a size up.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 3:59 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• oh sorry, I agree with you (I think!). I am very particular about the way I want my son's diapers to fit. They should be even all the way around when you first put it on (obviously when they move around it bunches and moves) and just barely below his button and tight. I have rarely let anyone else change my son because they always put the diaper on wrong and it winds up looking droopy like he's really wet or has a load of poo in there because as soon as they get up and move around it bunches and drops to the hips, so it's not as tight as it was when I first put it on anyway.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 4:07 AM on Aug. 6, 2010