what is this?

so I saw a spider in my bedroom.. this is the second of it's kind I've found in there.. it was small about the size of a dime.. so any markings were out of the question as far as identification.. (not to mention how fearful I am of ANY spider).
but it looks to me like a huntsman spider..
Here is my problem: I live in NY (western NY near 45 mins out of Buffalo), and from what I read online, they mostly live in places like south america, Australia, and sometimes florida..
(it was 4 months ago the last time I seen one, about the same size, and killed that one too).
So what else could it be? I say it looks exactly like the huntsman picture I found, but it's about a dime size. (photo below)

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 4:16 AM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Spiders give me chills....ugh!

Try to catch one sometime or squish one flat so it is still recognizable and bring it to a pest control place....you know, one of those places that come to spray your house for bugs and such...they should be able to help you.

If you keep seeing them, I would also ask them about any product you can purchase in a store to spray around your house (inside and out) that isn't poisonous to house pets or children so you can try to alleviate the problem yourself.

Take care!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:53 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I had the picture too big on my phone and got scared.. It could be one for sure.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 4:23 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Photobucket
    xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 4:18 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• ewww i hate spiders too
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:21 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• here is a link to a nice PDF that shows all the so call spiders in your area. Found it by googling Spiders in NY
    http://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/wildlife_pdf/commonspiders.pdf
    maybe it will help you figure out which kind you have. Gosh I hate those... spiders in general... LOL
    Wittyprncess

Answer by Wittyprncess at 4:28 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• witty

I've looked all over the internet for what it could be.. that was the best picture I could find that even resembled it and it doesn't fit any others that are common that I saw in NY..
    xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 4:32 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• my biggest fear I guess is that it could be a small brown recluse..
    xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 4:36 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• i used to be so scared of them.. even if i saw them from afar but now.. i'm not really scared if i see them from afar . now i try to get them out of the house without killing them. the other day there was a spider in my bathtub when i went to try to catch it in a jar it jumped and ran down the drain. it looked like it flew it was so fast.
    i don't know much about them.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 4:42 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Ewwww...maybe its an alien...or possibly Canadian.
    Kill 'em all! (Eh, spiders, not Canadians.)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:43 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• A11..

the big deal is if it's a recluse.. I have a 2 year old.. think about it!

if it was "just a spider" then I wouldn't worry so much about it, I wouldn't be looking all over the net trying to identify it because I want to know if it's dangerous or not. If it was "just a spider" and I knew what kind, trust me my butt would be asleep, because i killed it, yeah.. but it's not
    "just a spider".. it was a spider that I didn't know, a spider that could potentially be something dangerous, and/or extremely out of place
    How about I put a snake in your bed when you dont know what it is, and i tell you "it's just a snake" who cares if it COULD look like a rattler, or a copperhead.
    xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 5:01 AM on Aug. 6, 2010