Piercing Ears

I know some people prefer to wait until their daughters are old enough to ask to get their ears pierced to do so, and that's fine and all, but not for me, lol. My daughter is just 2 months old, and I want to get her ears pierced... and so does the hubby. I just don't know when the appropriate time is to do so. Suggestions? When did any of you get your LO's ears pierced?

JDanesMommy

Asked by JDanesMommy at 12:31 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I pierced my son and daughters ears when they were 6 months old.
    They cried but we would too if it wasn't so embarrassing for us.
    It's o.k. to pierce their ears. You choose the age. You're the mom.
    strozilove

Answer by strozilove at 12:34 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I am one that is waiting until she can make the decision herself, but my suggestion is to ask your ped if he can do it. Mine does it for his patients. It cant get any more safe and sterile than the docs office! good luck
    lovinsophie

Answer by lovinsophie at 12:34 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Do it now. She will cry for maybe a minute, but time it so it is near feeding time. Her ears will be healed before she can grab and touch them. I did this with both of my girls. If you wait until after 1 year they may play with them. My little one does not ever grab at them or fuss with them. It is just my opinion. My oldest cried my 2 year old did not. I think she was startled by the noise of the ear gun, but was totally fine. We never had infections, and the holes healed quickly.  I did my girls at 4 months, and 2 months. 

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 12:41 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Why pierece a boys ear? That is sort of ghetto. I don't like seeing that at all. Girls are fine, but I say let the boy decide.
    Anonymous

• MY PEDIATRICIAN TOLD ME TO WAIT UNTIL SHE HAD 3 SETS OF SHOTS UNDER HER BELT.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 12:50 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• 2.5 months is when I got it for my girls. You can go to the docs office or to Claire's or WalMart.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 1:30 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• people wait for their daughters' permission because they are their DAUGHTERS' EARS. not yours. not hubby's. they can get infected, baby can pull at them, hair can get tangled in them, it hurts, & it's just not the right thing to do to a baby for fashion's sake. wait til she wants them & can take care of them.
    Anonymous

• I wanted to do this as well. When I asked my daughters ped about it, he was very rude and said that I couldn't do it until she was old enough to ask. He almost made me cry, and made me feel like a bad mom. He said if I do it now, its only for me, not for her. Anyhow, if you are willing to do it now, just prepare for lots of criticism. I want to do it still, but I wont do it without her ped doing it (my baby is 5 months old).
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 4:43 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• No one said one word of critisim to me, and that includes my ped., and ENT. No one said one negative thing.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 7:59 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I had my girls ears pierced whe nthey were only a couple of months old, it looks so cute, but go with the real gold, it's better for her ears.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:15 AM on Oct. 6, 2008