how do you cut your babies nails?

When my oldest daughter was born i used to cut her nails with my mouth. I would bit them off. now i have a 4 month old and i am using baby clippers. I am so afraid i am going to cut her. I am thinking of going back to biting them off. what do you do?

Aasiyah

Asked by Aasiyah at 5:13 AM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• LOL. I used a baby nail clippler, but I would pull the skin back if you get what I am saying and cut them that way. I wouldn't cut them all the way down either so that way I wouldn't cut her.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 3:30 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I use nail clippers but I cut them when she's asleep.
    AmazingAmanda

Answer by AmazingAmanda at 5:34 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• my son is a squirmy worm! he knows what the clippers are ad refuses to sit still. I've never hurt him, he just doesnt like being still and being "cut". I usually trim his nails while he's in his high chair (I sneak) or whle he's asleep. He doesnt mind files all that much. often show him how I do it to my nails, how it doesnt hurt at all, sometimes I sing a silly song. He lets me try the file on his nails and he realizes it isnt the end of the world.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:38 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• My baby ,touch wood, behaves patiently when I clip them.But only for that purpose
    A11

Answer by A11 at 6:28 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• u used to bite ur baby's nails? sorrry thats just so wrong hon. dont worry just be careful.stick witht he clippers.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 6:50 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I used to use a pair of baby nail scissors and cut my kid's nails when they were sleeping.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 8:43 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• well after 2 failed attempts to use the clippers when he was younger, i started using a file when he was sleeping. i just started using the clippers and he's 1.
    kh717

Answer by kh717 at 9:16 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Lol I used to bite my babies nails too when he was little, now I put him on the bed and put on some Gabba and give him something he is usually not allowed to play with, then I use the nail scissors, clip his nails, turn his around and clip the other side, I make sure it is one of his favorite gabbas and usually fast foward to a fav song or dance
    fangedangel32

Answer by fangedangel32 at 9:43 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I use clippers while they're sleeping. When they turn about one, I start doing it when they're awake - we make a game out of it.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:02 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I use a baby nail clipper. My daughter is a little worm too she can't stay still. I ussually try to distract her with the t.v as I'm doing it.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 10:03 AM on Aug. 6, 2010