have you ever lived outside of the US ?

I just moved outside of the US . I wondered how many of you have done that and what your thoughts were on the place you moved to

Aasiyah

Asked by Aasiyah at 5:19 AM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Travel

• nope
    ShayALaMode

Answer by ShayALaMode at 5:19 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Yes we have lived in Germany for about 6 years. We loved it. We got to travel to different countries. We traveled around Germany too. The country and it's people are great. I enjoyed their life style.

Answer by louise2 at 5:40 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• well,i`m from different country!
    nf1

Answer by nf1 at 5:54 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Yes when I was in 6th grade my father was transferred to Ft.McMurray, Alberta Canada. It was so much different than here. Now it is a booming metropolis. Then it was a little dusty town.
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 6:19 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Yup, I'm living in the Maghreb right now. I like it but there are things I miss about the US too. My sister said the same thing when she lived in Italy.
    NoGoodName4Me

Answer by NoGoodName4Me at 6:20 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Yes, we moved to Brazil several years ago and had to make some big adjustments, esp. the language (Portuguese). I still miss some of my favorite American foods and being able to drive to visit family. However, we try to make the best of where we are and enjoy the good and new things that are available to us in Brazil. It has been an interesting and unforgettable experience and my kids have learned a lot by having grown up in a different country and culture than their own.
    minasmama6

Answer by minasmama6 at 6:35 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• yes i grew up in israel until i was 10 and than moved to the US
    poshkat

Answer by poshkat at 8:17 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I lived in France for a year & Germany for two when I was in 4-6th grade. The French were intolerable toward Americans, but the Germans were wonderful!
    mamahobbit

Answer by mamahobbit at 8:36 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Yes, I lived in Cairo, Egypt for a year at 14 yrs old. It was an amazing experience. I absolutely love it there. I want to go back some day.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 8:45 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• oh these answers are awesome.

where is Mahgreb?

and to the one in brazil.. have you learned the language? Infact have any of you learned the language in the country to visited?
    Aasiyah

Comment by Aasiyah (original poster) at 3:40 AM on Aug. 7, 2010