Why did u join the Military?

My dh wanted to join for the experience, and to be financially set. Why did you or your SO join?

Mom2Rylin

Asked by Mom2Rylin at 5:21 AM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• He joined to pay for college, there was no way he was getting a scholarship with his grades :P
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 5:33 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• A friend joined at age 28 because of pressure from his father and 3 brothers......
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 5:39 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• to learn responsibility and discipline. it is amazing that we expect our kids to go from kids asking permission living with us and then in 2 months they are supposed to be adults in college. after failing my first semester in college i knew i needed to learn some things!
    chafrogs

Answer by chafrogs at 6:17 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• My husband joined for several reasons:
    1 - Job security;
    2 - To gain a career that he could use for the rest of his life;
    3 - Financial stability; and
    4 - To proudly serve his country as his father did before him.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:42 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I joined for many reasons. I had an associate's degree, but there were no jobs, I needed to get out of the area that I lived in because it was a cesspool, education, benefits, etc. I think my husband joined for the same reason but he also wanted to make his dad proud of him. It was a good time, but my family needed me more. I stayed in for 12 years.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:26 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• My DH joined because he wanted to serve his country and his family has a history of military service. He served 20 years in the Navy.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 4:37 AM on Aug. 7, 2010