Daughter 19 months will not sleep in her bed?

Yes I will say right now it is are fault that she is doing this. She was a very tough baby, and still is a tough toddler to get to sleep on her own. The only time she does on her own is still in a pack & play in the livingroom is for naps. Cause there is always someone around and lots of noise from her brother. that does not bother her one bit. What does bother her is when there is noone around and no noise. She will fall asleep in are bed or the pack & play I will pick her up she is sound to sleep and put her in her bed and she will wake up in about a half hour everytime and be frantic! Yes, I will not fib, I get her out put her in my bed and she falls asleep in seconds. I do have a toddler bed in her room no crib. she get up and stands at the baby gate. It is hard to let her cry and scream it ou,t cause her brother close by who is 4 and I work second shift so I am so tired I want sleep. Help!!! Daddy gets up early

caseyowen

Asked by caseyowen at 7:03 AM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you don't mind her in your bed, then go with it. If you want her out of your bed, then you will have to let her cry. Personally, my crew were allowed to sleep in our bed for as long as they wanted.
    semazani

Answer by semazani at 7:05 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Let her sleep where she is most comfortable. It makes her happy and is one less thing for you to do. Try some white noise while she's in her bed. But don't push her to the bed if it's not gonna help anyone.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 7:08 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Sorry to hear the problem... my solution is to put a mattress on the floor of her room and just sleep in there with her. At least you will get sleep and she will sleep too. We have our 15month old in her crib and she doesn't fall asleep alone either..but once she's out, she is out. If she were to wake up in the middle of the night, one of us go in there and just sleep on the mattress and give her a finger to hold onto while she's in the crib. It's not like she's going to require this type of behavior for long...my other boys are 8 and they sleep fine on their own now. This is all a passing phase that goes very quickly and I think your sleep deprivation will make you a more moody mom and person. So get some rest with her!
    mschanng

Answer by mschanng at 7:09 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Wow I am surprised, not in a bad way either, I thought I was going to hear different LOL I do have a radio in her room I tryed just the radio it's self didi not work I will try the white noice CD. Thanks, I feel alittle better
    caseyowen

Comment by caseyowen (original poster) at 7:11 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Thanks, mschanng this is a good idea too. My son was sooooo easy and still is when he is tired he goes to bed himself and he is for now. He started sleeping through the night at 2 months lol. she is so just soooo the other way lol Got so spoiled with my son. She is giving me a run. I can leep fine with her in the bed it does not bother me at all. Should I put her back in crib??? Is it to early for her to be in toddler bed??? So many questions sorry racking my brain lol
    caseyowen

Comment by caseyowen (original poster) at 7:19 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I was always told if you want them to sleep in there own room then let them cry it out. Most ppl say it takes no more then 3 days of crying and finally they get it. Well I couldn't do it lol' She slept in my bed for a long time then I got her to the floor (doc said she wouldn't last long there do to be unconfortable) she is now 11 and for the most part sleeps in her room but she still cries for my room so most weekends she is in my room on the floor. Good luck with your little one...
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 7:25 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Ummm. A crib might help her feel more enclosed and secure. May I ask why she is out of the crib? Did she climb out? My soin climed out @ 23 month. Otherwise hed still be in it @ 2 1/2. Makes life sooo much easier. Have you tried Baby Einstein CDs? Maybe having her Cry It Out for A few nights? Its painful believe m but works if you stick to it.
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 7:30 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Maybe record your house during the day to play at night while she sleeps?
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 7:40 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• caseyowen, not sure what kind of bed she should be in... it's really what you feel comfortable with. I know with the crib, I get worried because of all those cases where the baby suffocated..but they are toddler's now and not a baby...so i guess the crib should be safe. I worry about the toddler bed because she can get out and be walking around while everyone is asleep and who knowes what and where she'll go. My girl has no fear because of her twin bros. and she has a high pain tolerance. It's your baby and you know best. I always feel they are an extension of yourself. They are bundles of joy and if you don't feel that right now, take a step back and reassess. That's how I tackle my behavior towards my children.
    mschanng

Answer by mschanng at 7:53 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I do put a baby gate at her door so she can not get out, cause I am with you on that she has no fear and also a high pain tolerance too lol. Thanks for advise.
    caseyowen

Comment by caseyowen (original poster) at 8:43 AM on Aug. 6, 2010