anyone know about the hybrid cloth diaper? is gdiaper the only brand? any reviews???

my son is 4 months old, i'm just about to try cloth diapers and my husband isn't too keen on the idea. i thought maybe if we used the hybrid it would be better for him..... i really want to try cloth. any suggestions on the necessaties to get started?? thanks!

Tiffany8168

Asked by Tiffany8168 at 7:26 AM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i love Gdiapers, hybrid means they can have disposable liners OR cloth liners so when out and about can just toss the liner, other brands do make them, i prefer gdiaper, i also like the All in one's nothing to change do just take off and wash, but you gotta make sure you have a bunch of them otherwise your washing a lot lol, also for when baby gets older(eating solids) and the poo turns more solid they do make a diaper sprayer it connects to your toilet and you hold diaper over toilet and it sprays the poop off into the toilet and you just flush and wash the liner, overall its pretty easy and its not like you will have a poop filled washing machine lol
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 7:52 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• There's a bunch of patterns online of how to easily sew your own covers. Instead of putting the insert into the pocket for it I lay it inside the diaper. So when she goes it only gets on the liner instead of on the cover & then seeps thru to the liner, make sense? That way I can use the cover all day instead of just once. If you're gonna use cloth I encourage you NOT to bleach the inserts. If they are stained spray em w/ lemon juice & set them out in the sun, does the same thing as bleach & keeps the chemical off your little ones sensitive spots. I use both regular diapers & cloth. When I'm gonna be out & I know its gonna be a while I put her in a reg & take more. Here @ home or quick trips, cloth. Also I let the inserts & covers soak in the tub & rinse em out really good before I wash them w/ the towels. I'm pretty sure there's a cloth diaper group here if you have more specific ?'s
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:33 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• http://www.diapersewing.com/
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:35 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• There is also the flip system. And there are a few places that let you try out different styles. The full cloth fitteds, pockets or all in ones look the most like disposables. If you change the most diapers just go for it :) We used old fashioned flats/prefolds and elimination communication. I didn't give him a choice since I am the primary in baby care! I don't think my dh fully appreciates how much we've saved in time and money especially since or 10 month old hasn't used a diaper in a month. He's got it made. lol
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:02 AM on Aug. 6, 2010