How do I get red fingernail polish out of a t-shirt?

My son got red fingernail polish on his favorite blue shirt.I have already washed and dried it. Is there anything I can do to get this stain out?

simplysmiles13

Asked by simplysmiles13 at 7:42 AM on Aug. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• I THink fingernail polish is permanent espiacc. after it has ben in a dryer maybe dye the shirt another color ?
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 7:50 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• You throw the whole shirt away & get him a new one! Sorry mamma, finger nail polish doesn't come out of stuff!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:15 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• It's not going to come out :( I've used nail polish remover (with acetone) to get it out of whites, but it will probably ruin a blue shirt.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:49 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• When my son stains a shirt we break out the fabric paint. and paint over the stain. He still gets to keep his shirt I save $$$ and we get to do a fun art project together. Sometimes we get out his toy trucks "drive" them thru the paint then 'drive' them over the shirt. or we squeeze paint on the shirt fold it in 1/2, then open it up and ta da !! a cool design.......
    I think the nail polish is there to stay.......
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 11:30 AM on Aug. 6, 2010