who's ready?

my kids cant wait to go to school (one starting hs, one doing duel enrollment), but i want more time with them. :(

goodlilwitch

Asked by goodlilwitch at 7:45 AM on Aug. 6, 2010 in

• My kids are excited to get back to school... especially my SENIOR. I can't believe that my baby is going to be a senior. Anyhow, I am ready for them to go back.....we spend a lot of time together regardless of school or not. I have also finished shopping for all of their back to school needs.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 7:47 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• My child will be starting kindergarten open house is tonight where you meet the teachers I am not ready for her to start lol
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 7:47 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• i just got custody of my 14 yr old, and her hs open house is next thursday. cant believe she is in hs already. and my son who is 16 is doing duel enrollment, and starts his college classes on the 16th. i'm way too old for this!!! lol
    goodlilwitch

Comment by goodlilwitch (original poster) at 7:54 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Oh, how I can relate. After twenty continuous years of homeschooling, this fall I will be home alone since my youngest son has decided to "try out the high school". *sigh* (I home schooled all seven of my kids, all from K, most through HS graduation)
    mamahobbit

Answer by mamahobbit at 8:10 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• my daughter is ready to start and so am i!
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 8:12 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• My kids are ready. It doesn't make too much difference for me, my schedule and our time together doesn't change too much whether or not school is in session.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 8:20 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I am mentally and emotionally ready!!! LOL!
    Uggg. My kids go to private school~Today I have over $400 in tuitions and fees I have to pay:( Plus the little students need new clothes. I just forked out for new dance shoes since the dance academy's classes just moved up all the students for a the year. Just bought 98% of the school supplies at Wally world last night. I'm ready but I don't think they are.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 10:11 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I'm ready mentally, but not financially.
    All the things that high school kids need, especially girls and kids involved in activities and sports, are so much more expensive than all their previous educational years!
    I have 3 daughters. My oldest 2 have already graduated; the second one was just this June; and the Senior year is the MOST expensive of them all. My "baby" is the only left to finish up school. She's going to be a Junior this year. She's divided between being excited about it and dreading it...she is really dreading having to have to take US & VA History...a state required course for all Juniors.
    Anyhow, after all these years it seems strange to be back to having only one child going to school again, only this time there aren't two younger ones left at home...lol. I still remember all their first days of kindergarten. {sigh}
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:11 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• My son is really ready. I am in a way, but I will miss being with him, and I will also miss getting to sleep past 7 if I want to. lol
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:13 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• NO, my kids are not ready either. We love summer (especially sleeping in).
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 11:49 AM on Aug. 6, 2010