How did life change with a 3rd baby?

I am a mother to a 2yr old, an 11 month old and I am about to have our 3rd and final baby. Could you tell me how your life/daily routine changed with new baby, at first and in the long run?

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 7:47 AM on Aug. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• It was harder because even with two parents, there was always one kid extra. No more one-on-one. The trick was for my husband & I to split up so they could get individual attention, especially to to the oldest. (being a veteran breastfeeder, I was usually with the baby pretty fulltime). I ended up with seven kids, most about two years apart, but it was never harder to adjust than with that third (well, until I had an autistic kid....) Don't mean to scare you- just so you have a heads up.
    mamahobbit

Answer by mamahobbit at 8:06 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I like honesty!!
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 8:13 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Well, my 3rd turned into #3 & #4 with identical twin boys. So, my life definitely became way more challenging. But, it has been spectacular! I really didn't see it as OMG, this is SO much more work, etc. Maybe I was too busy to think that. LOL.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 8:33 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• My third came 10 years after my first two that were only 13 months apart. My life changed in a huge way....had to give up my job and go back to being a SAHM... it was like ground hog day. He was my easiest and my happiest! Just think, if this is all you are having it only gets easier! At least they are all close in age. My little one is 5 and starts school in two weeks, his brother will graduate from high school this year. The little one sometimes feels like an only child because his teenage brothers will have nothing to do with him.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 8:54 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Bringing #3 home was easier than #2, for us, and adding #4 was just as easy. If your other 2 are that young I can't see it making that big of a difference, mine are all very close in age too. We didn't have the jealousy issues or regression or anything that I've heard so much about from others. I wouldn't do it any different if I had to do it again.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 10:51 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• The difference for us was that we were out numbered. Luckily she is an easy baby but #2 who was 3 started to act out for attention and regressed to peeing in her pants. My parents came over a lot to entertain the older 2 or take that baby so I could spend some one on one time with them. They all get along really well and when #3 is older I think it will be great!
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 11:41 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I was going to ask the same question I have a 2 year old who will be three in september and a 15 month old and im due in November and im really nervous because my little girl still acts like a baby and needs my attention constantly!!!
    ladybugky88

Answer by ladybugky88 at 12:09 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• so does mine, although she is still sortof a baby:) She's deffinetely a mommas girl so I think it will be difficult with her but my 1st was really good when I had my 2nd!
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 12:12 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Going from 1 to2 was not bad at all, but I found that going to 3 totally thru me upside down, I think that in our case it wouldn't have beed as bad except baby was in NICU for over a month and very sick when he came home, and my daughter was just 13 months at the time. Everything just got a little harder for awhile and there were never enough hands to keep everyone happy lol. BUTU it got better around 5months or so,and now we are fine:) It will be fine for you as well, just remember to breathe and take ANY help you can get.(( I didnt and really wished I had))
    mamallamaof2

Answer by mamallamaof2 at 11:36 PM on Aug. 6, 2010