This is why young girls aspire to be something they cant.........

Saw this on Yahoo this morning, and it actually made me ill! I hate the fact they do crap like this, to this extreme and then expect our girls not to have eating disorders or strive to be something thats not natural!!!! Pic posted below!

sweetstkissez22

Asked by sweetstkissez22 at 8:34 AM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Entertainment

• she looks to be the size of my seven year old. i have already had talks with my girls about this stuff. i keep telling them that it don't matter what they look like on the outside it only matters how they feel on the inside. my oldest comes back, i didn't know i had fingers inside!lol
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 4:33 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Man, before the air brush that model was way underweight! Geez, I don't see why they feel the need to do this... unless they're going to start out with extremely overweight models... I saw an air brushing of an over three hundred pound woman.. and she looked better then I do by far in the end, and I'm only 10lbs overweight!
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 8:39 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• If women complain loud enough and long enough, maybe this type of weirdo photo editing will stop! Women should be shown full figured and healthy looking. High fashion has been warped.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:15 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Yup. Its disgusting to be sure. Stick thin is NOT normal for America!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:36 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Yes, I saw that last night. It just makes me sick. Then we wonder why we have so many eating disorders in our society. UGH!
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 8:37 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I saw that picture on my yahoo page this am before coming here! Glad its not one of the clothing places I shop cuz I vote w/ my $$$$ & will never support a company that continues to make girls feel like they have to vanish when turning sideways.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:45 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• You know, as disgusted as I was by this link, I was even more disgusted by the link included in the story shared here - the one where the editor justified the air brushing.

Yes, I can see using air brushing for something like, ok, we're selling this lipstick, let's airbrush out the big fly that landed on her face, or, opps, in this shot where we're selling a purse, the light was bad and we can see right through the skirt. That sort of thing.

But to completely change reality and try to present it as the reality is wrong. I thank God every day that I've drummed in my dd's head from early on that these images were fake, and I just hope that she doesn't ever fall victim to believing otherwise. Too many of her classmates have :-(
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:53 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• In fairness though, if we - as a society, were to stop buying these magazines, and stop buying the products advertised in them, and stop shopping in stores that use these tactics - and write to them to say why we're stopping, we CAN change the practice.

In addition, we can teach our kids this same lesson - don't let them buy the magazines, either - teach them why when they're young enough that we can control their shopping habits, and hopefully it will "stick" when they're old enough to make their own buying choices.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:56 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Oh geez...the one on the right doesnt even look normal!

Why do they think there is anything wrong with the left picture!!! She is super skinny! Too skinny really!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:13 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• It's not just models either...anytime you see a pic anywhere of an actress, or any celebrtiy, they look gorgeous. I always remind my girls that they don't look that good in real life...it's all camera angles and make-up. My oldest got a first hand look at that as a girl she went to high school with was a model all thru jr and high school and went into acting. My daughter was friends with one of her sisters. All this girls photos are really beautiful and on T.V, she's beautiful....but in real life...without all the makeup and no camera angles...really nothing to write home about. Her hair, for instance, that looks so soft and beautiful on camera, actually looks dry and brittle from the damage of all the coloring, etc. The girl herself, really isn't all that pretty either, she's actually pretty average. I'm really glad my girls have seen the diff. between camera and real life first hand. (cont)
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 9:19 AM on Aug. 6, 2010