I have just been left by my boyfriend and am pregnant will I ever get another date as a single mother?

My boyfriend left me after finding out that I am pregnant and he has said that he wants to come back after six months but how can I trust him again? I am scared that I will never find a date again as a single mother! I am 25 and not many men that age want to be tied down with a child! Should I just try to get the father back in those six months or try to get someone else?

mangieheeler

Asked by mangieheeler at 12:47 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Relationships

• During my years as a single mom, I never had trouble getting dates. It really didn't bother most men I met. But I did keep strict limits on their contact with my daughter until I saw where things were going. My daughter was 5 when I met my husband. Her existence did nothing to deter him. It just requires you date slightly more grown up men, and it helps weed out the ones only looking for a good time.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 12:57 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• First of all, don't worry about the babys daddy or any other man right now, think about the baby. Will you be able to make it on your own? I bet you can and will.The father doesn't deserve you, he just showed you what type of person he is.( I didn't say man, because he isn't much of one,IMO) There are some awesome men out there and ones that is just right for you when the time comes. Be a good mom and let things fall into place naturally, and do yourself a favor, NEVER setttle for less than what you and your child deserve.
    BTW, there are a lot of women on here who found their soulmate but not with the fathers of their children, and that includes me.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 1:03 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Of coures you will! Guys these days are actually NOT afraid of women with childrean. lol
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:22 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Men need to get out of the mind set "tied down." MAkes me so mad that there are so many lame men out there that are all in love with you and want to be with you when they are getting what they want. They act like somehow it is the womans fault she got pregnant. I would not trust him. I am sorry he turned out to be that way. But to answer your question, YES! There are genuine men out there that would love you and your kids equally. When I was a single mom I made it a requirement that the next man I borught into our lives would have a child of his own that he had at least half of the time, was good to his kid(s), me, and my daughter. I ended up marrying that man. Dont be discouraged.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 1:50 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I think you should stay focus on yourself and pregnancy and unborn baby before you think about another man
    Sassy_diva

Answer by Sassy_diva at 2:10 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Yes.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 2:23 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I got pregnant very young. After finding out, the "sperm donor" totally freaked on me and turned into a psycho. He actually threatened me with a knife to my stomcah one night. So anyway, that was it, I was done. I was single all through my pregnancy and the delivery and for 8 months afterwards. At 8 months, I met my now husband where we worked at the time. We dated for about a month and actually became a couple when she was 9 months old. He wanted to be her dad. So now he is. She's always known him as daddy, and after we got married last year, we put his name on her birth certificate and gave her his last name. So, it can happen. We've been together for a total of 6 years now, she's getting ready to turn 7 years old in a few months.
    Anonymous

• Don't go back with him onlly because you think no one will want to date you after you have a child.That is just not true.Many single moms date and fine love .But you have to give it time.
    Mari328

Answer by Mari328 at 3:13 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Dont go back with the daddy he left once whats he gonna do when the baby is here and the hard part comes.... dont worry about men right now have your baby support her MAKE THE DAD SUPPORT HER TOO and get settled and then if you want find a man.... and men these days are very accepting to that especilly men that are 25 and older!!! find a good man dont go with the deadbeat that left you!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 4:10 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Don't get back together with him unless you are completely in love with him and can't live with out him! If he left you once he very well may leave you again. A lot men will date a woman with kids. Always be upfront about having a baby and the good ones will stick around. You need a nice, responsible guy and alot of those are divorced men with custody of their own kids.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 4:22 PM on Oct. 5, 2008