very cute, but needs your opnion..

trying to put my girl down for a nap on her mattris on the floor and all i hear is knocking on the door and mom.....mommy....MOM....
Do you think she will eventually go and lie down and go to sleep?

mommylisar

Asked by mommylisar at 9:11 AM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would go in there and lay beside her on the floor as she falls asleep. Eventully she won't need you in there, but there is a transition period. I am doing it now w/ my 18mo old. When my oldest was little I remember after awhile I layed further and further from his mattress till he didn't need me near anymore to fall asleep. They grow up so fast, don't rush it
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 11:20 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• if she is tired, yes. LOL...kids are tricky..if shes old enough just tell her to stop it. if she is young..GOOD LUCK!
    mommahall951

Answer by mommahall951 at 9:12 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• She's looking to delay (circumvent!) naptime. Wordlessly pick her up and put her back to "bed" each and every time. She'll figure it out, although it will take a lot of patience on your part!
    missingruth

Answer by missingruth at 9:15 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• That is cute but I don't think she will be going to sleep. lol

I would go to the door and sternly say. ' I hear , you I love you now back to bed.' Next time open the door and pick her up and put her back in her bed with a quick 'good night' From there on out I would pick her up put her in her bed and say nothing.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:13 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Lol, good luck mommy... it depends on how bull-headed she is.

If she is strong willed you may lose your mind first, lol. ;)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:17 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• she is 21 months old
    mommylisar

Comment by mommylisar (original poster) at 9:13 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Yes just leave her wear herself out. How luck though differs on the child. Good luck.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 9:43 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• It depends but I would be the one to keep putting her in the bed lol
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 9:43 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• yes, and the sleep patterns and changes will come and go. my 2 1/2 year old sometimes fights naps. sometimes she willingly goes up to bed, and sometimes i can hear here thumping around the room. i just keep telling her that it is naptime and she has to stay in bed. as long as she is not coming out of the room and running around i let her go. she tends to lay in bed and play with her stuffed animals for a little bit before going to sleep. i try to keep to a strict schedule of naptime and bedtime, because oddly enough even though she can not tell time, her body knows when it is time and if we go past that time, she seems to be more defiant. good luck. naptime and bedtime will change sporadically as they get older and adjust to changes in their bodies and minds.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 9:44 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I find when I ignore my 2 1/2 year old in that situations he goes to sleep
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 10:09 AM on Aug. 6, 2010