If one does not believe in "Sin"

Please do explain to me how it could be used as a valid argument to prove a point?

If the person you are arguing with, clearly does not believe in "Sin" what other **VALID** argument could you make?

A crime is something punishable by law, because it hurts others- and potentially on a large scale- Sin can not be compared to Crime, they are not in the same bracket.

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 9:47 AM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I agree!

Answer by older at 9:49 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• bumped ya!

• And from the church of missing the effing point- we have kuriequinn!
    ObbyDobbie

Comment by ObbyDobbie (original poster) at 10:07 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I agree with you OP,

Isn't is a sin to commit a crime?

Umm no they are different things. Lying is not illegal, adultery is not illegal, using the lords name is not illegal, etc. A crime is some thing the law and society as a whole finds damaging to others. Sins are something only those who believe in god believe in (with some exceptions) however is not considered bad by law or a society as a whole. The only thing they can possibly damage is ones own soul. That is on an individual and does not harm others. Except adultery which can hurt others, but not actually permanently harm them.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:08 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Looks like she deleted her answer... hmm...
    ObbyDobbie

Comment by ObbyDobbie (original poster) at 10:53 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• OH how sad. She got proved wrong and didn't want to leave the proof.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:01 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I know, right? I've always loved that argument...

Oh, wait... You know what I love more? When they say "Even if you don't believe in Sin, Sin believe in you" - HUH?!? lol!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:36 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I know. they speak of it as though it were an actual entity.
    ObbyDobbie

Comment by ObbyDobbie (original poster) at 11:40 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• LOL that one always has me on the floor laughing sabrina. I love dh response to that. He says if sin believes in him, that must be why it leaves him alone because it knows he'll kick it's ass.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:41 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I agree with you, OP. Another one that bothers me is the idea that something is illegal because it is immoral. Things aren't illegal because they are immoral. Things are illegal because they infringe on the rights of other citizens.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:47 AM on Aug. 6, 2010