I wash my hair every other day. Still i get dandruff and my hair gets oily. Is there any shampoo or any treatment that you guys recommend me?

Vmom79

Asked by Vmom79 at 10:03 AM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Health

• Use some Head and Shoulders for the dandruff if you haven't tried that already.

As for the oily hair, I'm not really sure on that one.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 10:07 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Quit using shampoo for 2 weeks. Scrub your scalp with baking soda (while in the shower) and rinse it with a mixture of 50/50 vinegar & water.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:08 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Don't use conditioner it create dandruff. Also don't use store brand shampoo there is wax in the shampoo that is another reason you get dandruff. Wash every other day or 3 twice a week, Get a salon shampoo that is a cleaser and it will help get the dandruff out
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 10:11 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Shampoo daily with a shampoo designed for dandruff

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:12 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Head and Shoulders Intensive Shampoo for Oily Hair
    or
    Pantene Pro-V Shampoo for Fine/Greasy Hair
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 10:15 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I would use head and shoulders for the flakes and go to your salon, they can recomend a shampoo to help with the grease. If I remember right you may have to wash it with a cleansing shampoo a day or two a week.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 11:48 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Try this add some vinegar and water together and pour it ouver your hair then rinse out do not use any condtioner this might take several applications. I do this about once a week. I don't remember the exact dosage like 1 cup to a gallon of water I just dump into a large puring bowl.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 12:16 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I use to have the same problem - I now use Melaleuca's original shampoo - it contains T36-C5 Melaleuca Oil - since the shampoo contains conditioner - do not use an extra conditioner, as it could be a scalp irritant. Also, check your diet and make sure that you are getting an adequate supply of balanced nutrition. Please contact me if you would like more information.
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 3:08 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I just read the other day that you can use plain yogurt and a banana, pure'd and apply to hair. allow to sit with a cap on for ten minutes. This nourishes the scapl and the yogurt helps balance the ph of the scalp. I haven't tried it, but I thought about it.
    Joy118

Answer by Joy118 at 11:02 PM on Aug. 6, 2010