Nasal drainage

My DD has a cold & is getting drainage in her throat (poor thing) and is gagging & coughing :(
Anything I can do to help her?

She is only 3.5yo so she wont drink anything hot at all though!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Aug. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• There is something called a "Nettii Pot". They also have a spray bottle version. They give you the solution mix (its a saline solution), you mix it with warm water and spray it in her nose. It washes out the sinuses and also help dry them out. She is young but my pediatrician recommended it for my DD. She was having recurring sinus infections. Since we started doing this - she hasn't had a single infection. I make everyone in the house do it as soon as they start the sniffles.

What I couldn't believe is how simple it is and how I hadn't heard of it before. I have four kids and thought I had heard about all the stuff out there.

This really works. Talk to the pharmacist. They can help with the right product. They have them at Wal-Greens, Wal-Mart, Target; just about any supermarket or pharmacy should have them.
    DreamGone

Answer by DreamGone at 10:52 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Can you call your pediatrician and ask what sort of OTC medicine he/she recommends? I honestly don't know of any home remedy to make it stop. I feel bad for your little girl, I hate that sort of cold!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:50 AM on Aug. 6, 2010