does anyone know how to make a tank divider?

instead of buying one anyone have any good ideas of something else you can use its like a 29 gallon tank

Shannon706

Asked by Shannon706 at 10:14 AM on Aug. 6, 2010 in Pets

• Go to home depot and buy a piece of plexiglass and have it cut to the dimensions you need and silicone where you need it to be.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 10:19 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• WoodWitch is on the right track- but you also need to do 1 of 2 things.

A) Take a small drill bit and bore holes approx 1/2 in apart, like a peg board. So that water can freely flow (this is the best approach- but more time consuming)

B) Get a second pump & filter set up (if you do not, your water will be stagnant, and your fish will die)

I have done both, I suggest the first method- If you want further instructions about the easiest way to do it, PM me. :)

I used to keep several very large fresh water tanks.... You know, I would really love to do that again! hmm... :)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:24 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Obby... LOL.... Sorry, I just assumed she would know to put holes in it... my bad...
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 10:46 AM on Aug. 6, 2010